Fellowships and Grants

Fellowships, also called grants or scholarships, are awards of money given to support a variety of activities both in the U.S. and abroad.  The Yale Grants & Fellowships Database will direct you to numerous opportunities to broaden your Yale education.  Please visit their website for further information:


CPA Award
The Council of Masters is pleased to announce that it will soon accept applications for Spring 2016 Creative and Performing Arts Awards (CPA) in the residential colleges.  Students who wish to fund arts projects produced in spring semester 2016 may apply. Those interested should apply online at: http://creativeandperformingarts.yale.edu/.   The CPA website links to an application; application guidelines; treasurers’ guidelines, expense reimbursement forms, and other supporting materials.  The link to the CPA application will go live on January 2, 2016.  Students must submit their online application by Tuesday, January, 19, 2016, at 4 PM.  CPA applications will also serve as theater venue applications. The theaters at Cooperative High School for the Arts and Humanities and the Educational Center for the Arts on Audubon St are approved CPA project venues.  Students will make arrangements to use these two theaters through the office of Undergraduate Production. Please visit the CPA website for additional information.

Richter Fellowship
A Richter Summer Fellowship is awarded for independent study and research, not for mere travel, work or enrollment in a school. An internship is a valid use only if the primary component is study or research, being part of a research team is a valid use. The maximum Richter awards is $1,000. Awards are reported to the IRS as taxable income. Awardees must disclose the amount of any other funding supporting the proposed project. Richter Fellowships are ordinarily awarded to juniors, but freshmen, sophomores and graduate affiliates are eligible. Seniors are not eligible. Recipients must promptly consult with the Master if significant changes occur in their project. http://com.yalecollege.yale.edu/awards/richter-fund

Mellon Programs
For educational programs in the residential colleges, including teaching in the colleges, Mellon Senior Forums and Undergraduate Research Grants.

Each college should have a formal application process to select undergraduates for research awards. Each college determines its own schedule for accepting applications. Research must take place during the academic year and awardees must present the results of their research either to the Senior Forum or to another educational forum in the college. It is also important that each application for the research award include the approval of a faculty advisor who will supervise the research project.

Applications distributed through the Head of College office.